Google+ Followers

Saturday, 7 May 2011

Newspaper Nails!

Last week my boyfriend sent me a link to this blog, which had an awesome way of decorating nails. (Hers look better than mine..)

I just had to try it out! So I finally got everything I needed this morning, and here is the result...


Newspaper nails! How cool is that! Ok, I'm a little excited! But I do like how it looks. And I figure, this can work with anything. So next week I will be trying with a different selection of magazine cuttings. 

So here's how to do it:

1) Paint your nails with a light colour. Coincidentally, this 'White Lie' nail varnish from Topshop came in this week, so this is what I used..
 

2) Cut out ten pieces of newspaper, each piece big enough to cover a nail.

3) Get a small dish of surgical spirit. Dip a finger into it, so that the whole nail is submerged.

4) Place one of the newspaper cuttings text side down onto the nail. Hold  it down for a few seconds to let the writing transfer onto the nail, and peel off. And then of course, repeat for other nails! 

5) Add a coat of clear nail varnish to keep it there for longer.  


And that's it. So easy! Very chuffed with this right now, and looking forward to trying new designs later on. Watch this space. 

 Any more nifty nail ideas, please send them my way!


Follow Sometimes there just arent enough rocks

5 comments:

  1. totally awesome!!

    http://blogoftheprettythings.blogspot.com

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love these mate, so cool. Never tried white nails. (Well not since school with tippex! haha)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very neat! Now I want to do this with pages from all my favorite books.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So pretty - would love to try it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow!! thats pretty cool! nice! :)

    ReplyDelete